Am I eligible for the Kendrick Foundation Scholarship?
- Applicants must be accepted into and enroll in full-time study to pursue one of the listed degrees at an accredited college, university, or other educational institution by Fall 2017. Please note that an official acceptance letter into the specified degree will be required before the scholarship will be paid.
- Applicants must be current residents of Morgan County, Indiana or have graduated from a Morgan County high school.
- Kendrick Scholarships can be applied at any accredited educational institution, but preference is given to applicants attending schools in Indiana.
- These fields have been narrowed in order to better fit the mission and vision of the Kendrick Foundation Scholarship Program. While current and past scholars must re-apply each year, please note that scholarship recipients prior to 2016 are grandfathered in under previous approved programs, until completion of their current degree. Kendrick Scholars who maintain a 3.0 GPA and remain in an approved or grandfathered field of study can re-apply for funding.
Can I apply for the Kendrick Foundation Scholarship if I haven’t been accepted into my intended program or school yet?
Yes. You can still be awarded a scholarship on a “pending” basis, but we will need to receive a copy of your acceptance letter and course enrollment details by Sept. 1, 2017.
Do I have to be a full-time student to be eligible?
Yes. We defer to the definition of “full-time student” provided by your specific program.
Is the $15,000 maximum amount applicable to the summer semester?
What exactly does the Kendrick Scholarship cover?
- Tuition and fees: any required tuition and fees. This does not include optional campus fees. A maximum of $15,000 per person per year will be paid, after other considering other tuition-specific scholarships.
- Online courses: the Kendrick Scholarship will pay any required tuition and fees for online or summer courses. If you take online courses, these can be covered as base tuition expenses just as if you were in a class, on campus.
- Summer courses and internships: The scholarship will not pay for travel or internship costs. Your Kendrick Scholarship only applies for tuition. No credit can be applied to the internship.
How does my school receive the scholarship payment?
We are not able to distribute funds until you send us your tuition bill and completed Payment Request Form. Please note that we do not pay fees associated with late payments: it is in your best interest to send us your tuition bill as soon as it is available.